Friday, January 29, 2010

Bike trailer update



I didn't go to work today so I worked on the bike trailer. Its mostly finished, It just needs some final welding and paint.

Once it was all together I could not help but hook it to the electric bike and take it for a spin. I had it up to about 22mph and could barely tell it was there, just a little rattling on bumps. It handled a lot better than I thought it would. I was doing full speed u turns on our street with no problems.

I cobbled the hitch together with some stuff I had laying around ( some kind of spherical joint/pillow block/ brass bushing thing- a model A ford shock mount bolt and a piece of pipe for the tongue.)
Very happy with the results. I can't wait to start hauling stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Great hitch.The grease cup on the pillow block is a real touch of class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was looking through a box of bearings that someone gave me a few years ago and found that. It was love at first sight! The fact that it lined up perfect with the existing holes in the xtracycle made it even better

    ReplyDelete